Why choose Stone Veneer?
At 10-15 lbs per square foot, masonry veneer is more lightweight than natural stone — the thin surface material can be applied directly to a solid facing without special engineering or footings. While full-dimension stone or brick masonry can be four inches or more in depth, thin veneer stone is just 3/4” - 1-1/4” thick. Its lighter weight, ease of installation, variety of styles and colors, and affordable cost makes stone veneer the choice preferred by homeowners, builders and re-modelers over conventional masonry and natural products like thin stone veneer.
Lower installation costs
Stone veneer requires far less prep work than full dimensional masonry, and small projects can be installed by a knowledgeable do-it-yourself-er. If you choose to hire a professional, a competent contractor or re-modeler can do the job.
Lower product cost
Masonry veneer weighs significantly less than natural stone or brick. This lower volume and weight means more products can be shipped per truckload than traditional stone or brick. Typical transportation costs for masonry veneer are one-fourth the cost of conventional masonry products, which results in a cheaper overall cost.
- Durability comparable to real brick and stone at lesser cost
- Installation is more DIY-friendly than full brick/stone but tackling a large job might be better reserved for professionals
- No painting or stain required
- Some maintenance may be required at mortar joint over time
- Many decorative styles and color combinations to choose from
- Fire resistant
- Rot and insect-proof
- Does not require additional structural support as real brick/stone
- Available in real (thin veneer) and composite varieties
General Siding Supply carries full lines of siding, gutters, windows, doors and more. We believe in giving you more—more service, more products and more solutions!